The Maltese Psychological Association recognizes its responsibility to participate in the assurance of ethical behaviour on the part of the psychologists. This responsibility is:
- To members of society who become involved in the service, research and teaching activities of psychology, to the discipline of psychology, and to its own members, and
- To society in general.
Assuring ethical behaviour includes:
- The articulation of ethical principles, values, and standards,
- Promoting those principles, values, and standards through education, peer modelling, and consultation,
- Developing and implementing methods to help psychologists to monitor their ethical behaviour,
- Adjudicating complaints of unethical behaviours and,
- Taking corrective action when such action is warranted.